|12V 55Ah Battery is rated at 12Volts, 55Ah rating. The Power-Sonic 12V 55Ah Battery from AtBatt.com deliver power when you need it and where you need it. It has been specially designed to meet the power needs of your Power-Sonic 12V 55Ah and is maintenance free, easy to handle, rugged and economical. It has a characteristic of high discharge rate, wide operating temperature, long service life and deep discharge recover.
|The Power-Sonic valve regulated sealed lead acid batteries are maintenance free, easy to handle, rugged and economical. It has a characteristic of high discharge rate, wide operating temperature, long service life and deep discharge recover.
• Absorbent Glass Mat (AGM) technology for superior performance.
• Valve regulated, spill proof construction allows safe operation in any position.
• Power/volume ratio yielding unrivaled energy density.
• Approved for transport by air. D.O.T., I.A.T.A., F.A.A. and C.A.B. certified.
• U.L. recognized under file number MH 20845.
- PRODUCT FEATURES
- SEALED MAINTENANCE FREE - The valve regulated, spill-proof construction of the POWER-SONIC battery allows trouble-free, safe operation in any position. There is no need to add electrolyte, as gases generated during charging are recombined in a unique "oxygen cycle".
EASY HANDLING - No special handling precautions or shipping containers - surface or air - are required due to the leak-proof construction.
ECONOMICAL - The high watt-hour per dollar value is made possible by the materials used in a sealed lead-acid battery: they are readily available and low in cost.
- LONG SERVICE LIFE - Under normal operating conditions, four or five years of dependable service life can be expected in stand-by applications, or between 200 and 1000 charge/discharge cycles depending on the average depth of discharge.
DESIGN FLEXIBILITY - Batteries may be used in series and/or parallel to obtain choice of voltage and capacity. Due to recent design breakthroughs, the same battery may be used in either cyclic or standby applications. Over 50 models are available to choose from.
RUGGED CONSTRUCTION - The high-impact resistant battery case is made either of non-conductive ABS plastic or styrene. Large capacity batteries frequently have polypropylene cases, all of these materials impart great resistance to shock, vibration, chemicals and heat.
COMPACT - Power-Sonic batteries use state of the art design, high grade materials, and a carefully controlled plate-making process to provide excellent output per cell. The high energy density provides superior power/volume and power/weight ratios.
HIGH DISCHARGE RATE - Low internal resistance allows discharge currents of up to ten times the rated capacity of the battery. Relatively small batteries may thus be specified in applications requiring high peak currents.
LONG SHELF LIFE - A low self-discharge rate may allow storage of fully charged batteries for up to a year at room temperature before charging is required. Lower storage temperatures enhance shelf life characteristics even further.
- WIDE OPERATING TEMPERATURE RANGE - Power-Sonic batteries may be discharged over a temperature range of -40 ºC to +60 ºC (-40 ºF to +140 ºF), and charged at temperatures ranging from -20 ºC to +50 ºC (4 ºF to +122 ºF).
DEEP DISCHARGE RECOVERY - Special separators, advanced plate composition, and a carefully balanced electrolyte system have greatly improved the ability of recovering from excessively deep discharge.
- PLATES (Electrodes) - Plate construction is the key to producing a good battery. Recognizing this, POWER-SONIC utilizes the latest technology and equipment to cast grids from a lead-calcium alloy free of antimony. The small amount of calcium and tin in the grid alloy imparts strength to the plate and guarantees durability even in extensive cycle service. Lead oxide paste is added to the grid to form the electrically active material. In the charged state, the negative plate paste is pure lead and that of the positive lead oxide. Both of these are in a porous or spongy form to optimize surface area and thereby maximize capacity.
SEPARATORS: POWER-SONIC separators are made of non-woven glass fiber cloth with high heat and oxidation resistance. The material further offers superior electrolyte absorption and retaining ability, as well as excellent ion conductivity.
ELECTROLYTE Immobilized dilute sulfuric acid: H2SO4.
CONTAINER - Case material is ABS, high-impact plastic resin, styrene, or a polypropylene-polyethylene copolymer with high resistance to chemicals and flammability.
LEAKPROOF DESIGN & OPERATIONAL SAFETY - POWER-SONIC batteries have been approved for shipment by air, both by D.O.T. and I.A.T.A. U.L.'s component recognition program for emergency lighting and power batteries lists POWER-SONIC under file numbers MH14328 and MH14838.
TERMINALS - Depending on model, batteries come either with AMP Faston type terminals made of tin plated brass, post type terminals of the same composition with threaded nut and bolt hardware, or heavy duty flag terminals made of lead alloy. A special epoxy is used as sealing material surrounding the terminals.
RELIEF VALVE - In case of excessive gas pressure build-up inside the battery (usually caused by abnormal charging) the relief valve will open and relieve the pressure. The one-way valve not only ensures that no air gets into the battery where the oxygen would react with the plates causing internal discharge, but also represents an important safety device in the event of excessive overcharge. Vent release pressure is between 2-6 psi; the seal ring material is neoprene rubber.
CASE SEALING - Depending on model the case sealing is ultrasonic welded, epoxy, or heat seal